Ridgeons is an independently owned timber and builders’ merchants in the UK employing around 900 colleagues and trading in the East of England. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Act we are considered the Data Controller.
GDPR Leadership Team and data protection representatives can be contacted directly by emailing GDPR@Ridgeons.co.uk
What Personal Data do we collect?
For account customers we may collect and process personal data such as name, address, email and phone number, payment details, date of birth and proof of identity which may include driving licence, utility bill or passport.
For non-account customers we may still collect personal data such as name, address, email and phone number when you place an order, use our website, take advantage of a promotion or enter a competition.
Whilst at one of the stores under the Ridgeons Group you may be monitored and recorded on CCTV which we keep for 12 months.
How we use your information
Ridgeons will collect and use your personal data for credit checks with third party suppliers for account applications, correspondence and for any account or product related queries, requests or changes
Why does Ridgeons need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence and purchasing purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Ridgeons would contact you for additional consent.
Recording of Communications
We may record communications such as telephone calls and emails for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud protection and compliance.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- You have the right to complain direct to Ridgeons at GDPR@Ridgeons.co.uk or the ICO through their website www.ico.org.uk if you feel your rights have been breached.
How we use your Personal Data
Ridgeons will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Ridgeons is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
We collect and process your personal data in order to;
- Perform contractual obligations between you and us, such as processing orders
- Conduct statistical analysis
- Improve the goods and services we offer to you
- Carry out security checks to prevent fraud
- Review purchasing preferences so we can better communicate to you
- Contact you with promotions, newsletters and competitions if you agree
You can disable cookies on any browser but if you chose to do so some of our website functions and features may not work.
Will Ridgeons share your data?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Ridgeons in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Ridgeons procedures.
We may share your Personal Data with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as delivery of goods, email communications and analysis of data to improve our goods and services we offer.
If we wish to pass any sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We may also pass your details onto external agencies including law enforcement to help prevent unlawful activities
We would like to contact you by email about our products and services, competitions and promotions that we believe will be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving these at any point after you have opted in you can click ‘unsubscribe’ on any email or email us at Marketing@ridgeons.co.uk
Securing Personal Data
We will use technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data
- Unique usernames and passwords for each account that can be amended at any time on the website
- Data is secured securely on servers on a dedicated MPLS behind managed firewalls
- Nightly backups of data to ensure no data is lost
- Data transfer by FTPS only to keep it secure
- Payments are encrypted with trusted providers
Along with these we have enforced new Policies and Procedures in the Ridgeons Group to further protect data plus have introduced GDPR training for current employees and an induction program for new employees so that protecting your data stays a priority. Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to protect your personal data you acknowledge that we cannot fully guarantee the security of all personal data so if you have any specific concerns please contact us at Marketing@Ridgeons.co.uk.
We may change our Policy now and again so we advise you to check on occasions this Policy to ensure you are aware of the most recent version
How to contact us
All of the design of this Web-Site, its graphics, text, the arrangement and selection thereof, and all software and compilations of software, source codes, and all other components of or material comprised in or on this Web-Site are the copyright of Ridgeons Ltd or their designers and content and technology providers. All Rights Reserved. You are permitted to copy and to print all or part of this Web-Site for the purpose only of reviewing your account or placing an order with Ridgeons Ltd. Any other use or reproduction of this Web-Site or any of its components is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Ridgeons Ltd.